Today is day 5 of my Christmas Advent Calendar. Sarah From Salt Jar is sharing her recipe for Cranberry Orange Baked Oatmeal. It is a warm and inviting balanced breakfast for Christmas morning that will tip the scales in your favor for more Christmas cookie eating later in the day!
A note from Sarah about her recipe...
The perfect choice for Christmas morning (or any morning), this Cranberry Orange Baked Oatmeal is easy to make and even easier to eat. The recipe includes warm, wintery flavors like orange zest, cinnamon, and clove to bring the holiday spirit any time of the year.
Oatmeal is one of the healthiest options to start your day which is great to balance all the cookies you'll be eating during the holidays!
Get Sarah's full Cranberry Orange Baked Oatmeal recipe HERE -> at SaltJar.com. I love the story she shares about her husband, who she feard hated oatmeal of all kind, asked for it over and over again after the first time she made it! Take a look and let us know if you make it by tagging myself or Sarah on Instagram.
Tomorrow another great recipe is coming from yours truly. I am sharing a new recipe for me this year that Joanna Gaines shared with the world last year on her insta story. Be sure to check back for that recipe tomorrow.
Christmas Advent Calendar
A new recipe every day from December 1-24 from me or one of my friends!
We have been working hard to bring you some great recipes that will bring the family together each night leading to Christmas Day. I hope you enjoy them and be sure to let us know if you make them by tagging any of us on Instagram through the month.
Christmas Advent Calendar Recipes
- Day 1 - Kendell's Candy Cane Coffee Creamer
- Day 2 - Kendell's Hazelnut Honeycomb
- Day 3 - Lori's Chocolate Dipped Coconut Macaroons
- Day 4 - Kendell's Sugar-Free Hot Cocoa Mix
- Day 5 - Sarah's Cranberry Orange Baked Oatmeal
- Day 6 - Kendell shares Joanna Gaines Peanut Butter Balls
- Day 7 - Kendell's Chocolate Hazelnut Biscotti with Peppermints
- Day 8 - Kathryn's Chocolate Espresso Silk Pie
- Day 9 - Ruchi's Holiday Rose Cocktail
- Day 10 - Kendell shares Olivia's Famous Peppermint Cookies
- Day 11 - Niki's Puff Pastry Breakfast Braid
- Day 12 - Lori's Danish Puff Pastry
- Day 13 - Kendell shares Grandpas Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Day 14 - Sarah's Nutella Hot Chocolate
- Day 15 - Kendell shares Great Aunt Sally's Pecan Butter Balls
- Day 16 - Kendell's Homemade "Oreo" Cookie
- Day 17 - Kathryn's Christmas Tree Pull-Apart Bread
- Day 18 - Kendell's Nordic Gingerbread Village
- Day 19 - Niki's Short Rib Ragu
- Day 20 - Kendell's Velveeta-Free Pimento Cheese
- Day 21 - Christmas Morning Breakfast Foccacia
- Day 22 - Kristi shares Stacy's Hot Buttered Rum
- Day 23 - Kendell's Chorizo, Shrimp, & Chicken Paella
- Day 24 - Kendell's Artichoke 3 Cheese Dip
MY LATEST RECIPES!
MY FAVORITE KITCHEN TOOLS!
Here are a few links to some of my favorite kitchen tools! You get a car, YOu get a car, YOU ALL GET A CAR…in my best Oprah voice
These Rösle Silicone Tongs are a little pricey but they will last you the rest of your life and are the softest in your hand. This is important for someone like m that cooks so much. It reduces strain, I have 4 sets in my kitchen!
These are my FAVE Nordic Ware Sheet Pans, every kitchen should have at least 2 sets of these! I think I have at least 4 of each of these.
This is my favorite pressure cooker, the Fagor is the same concept as the “Instant Pot” but easier to use in my opinion, if you don’t have one you NEED one, it will be your best friend in the kitchen!
A sharp knife is the most important tool in the kitchen, these Japanese steel “Shun” knives are my favorite! And this is a great starter set to build on. Once you try them you will be in love so use this as a foundation you can build on for years to come.
This Scanpan 11″ skillet is just the right size for almost anything you will need to cook and my best friend and a real workhorse in my kitchen, it’s also a great deal at $99. Scanpan is the best in the world for healthy cooking. It is coated with a proprietary ceramic-titanium coating that is durable while allowing you to use fewer fats and oils when cooking. It is a coating only they use. I could talk all day about my love for these pans, message me if you want more info. Here are some other sizes that are available if you are looking to outfit your kitchen with some new goodies. 8″ & 10″ Skillet set or 8″ Skillet, I still need this one for my kitchen Also, I don’t really know how to cook small so the 12.5″ is my other fave!
This giant vat of olive oil is my favorite, I decant it into a smaller bottle for my counter. Or put this spigot on top of a wine bottle!
My favorite baking dish that is so easy to clean even burnt on cheese slides right off!
This Tovolo jar scraper has to be my single favorite kitchen tool, it is definitely the most used tool in my kitchen. If you are NOT a gadget person, this is the only necessity I say is a MUST beyond the wooden spoon.
A great wood spoon is essential, this Olive Wood one is my favorite, I have more than I can count. But can you really ever have too many?
A food scale can be a very important tool in your kitchen, this one is the one I use every day!
If you love Joanna Gaines as much as I do then the ‘Magnolia Table Cookbook’ is a must in your kitchen, get a copy HERE!