Fresh pasta deserves an amazing home-cooked sauce. Beef short ribs are braised for 2.5 hours with fresh rosemary, thyme, tomatoes, and red wine until fall-apart tender. I created this short rib ragu recipe to be the ultimate comfort food, complement to fresh pasta, and special holiday dinner. It is so good that you will want to make it again and again. Enjoy!
Today is day 19 of my Christmas Advent Calendar and the recipe comes from my friend Niki of CleanPlateClb.com. She is sharing her recipe for Short Rib Ragu with fresh pasta. She has turned this into a tradition for Christmas Eve for her and her husband.
a note from Niki
I love finding ways to make the holidays special and one of the ways I do so is with food. When Zac and I were living in Seattle, it was important to us that we made the holidays feel like more than just an ordinary day. For Christmas Eve, we started the tradition of making fresh pasta for dinner. We had taken a pasta making class a few months before and thought it would be a fun thing to do Christmas Eve.
Get Niki’s full story and recipe at CleanPlateClb.com. I love the story she shares of a new tradition that has been formed for her and her husband. It’s a fun way to enjoy the holidays and have something really yummy to eat!
Christmas Advent Calendar
A new recipe every day from December 1-24 from me or one of my friends!
We have been working hard to bring you some great recipes that will bring the family together each night leading to Christmas Day. I hope you enjoy them and be sure to let us know if you make them by tagging any of us on Instagram through the month.
Christmas Advent Calendar Recipes
- Day 1 – Kendell’s Candy Cane Coffee Creamer
- Day 2 – Kendell’s Hazelnut Honeycomb
- Day 3 – Lori’s Chocolate Dipped Coconut Macaroons
- Day 4 – Kendell’s Sugar-Free Hot Cocoa Mix
- Day 5 – Sarah’s Cranberry Orange Baked Oatmeal
- Day 6 – Kendell shares Joanna Gaines Peanut Butter Balls
- Day 7 – Kendell’s Chocolate Hazelnut Biscotti with Peppermints
- Day 8 – Kathryn’s Chocolate Espresso Silk Pie
- Day 9 – Ruchi’s Holiday Rose Cocktail
- Day 10 – Kendell shares Olivia’s Famous Peppermint Cookies
- Day 11 – Niki’s Puff Pastry Breakfast Braid
- Day 12 – Lori’s Danish Puff Pastry
- Day 13 – Kendell shares Grandpas Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Day 14 – Sarah’s Nutella Hot Chocolate
- Day 15 – Kendell shares Great Aunt Sally’s Pecan Butter Balls
- Day 16 – Kendell’s Homemade “Oreo” Cookie
- Day 17 – Kathryn’s Christmas Tree Pull-Apart Bread
- Day 18 – Kendell’s Nordic Gingerbread Village
- Day 19 – Niki’s Short Rib Ragu
- Day 20 – Kendell’s Velveeta-Free Pimento Cheese
- Day 21 – Christmas Morning Breakfast Foccacia
- Day 22 – Kristi shares Stacy’s Hot Buttered Rum
- Day 23 – Kendell’s Chorizo, Shrimp, & Chicken Paella
- Day 24 – Kendell’s Artichoke 3 Cheese Dip
MY LATEST RECIPES!
MY FAVORITE KITCHEN TOOLS!
Here are a few links to some of my favorite kitchen tools! You get a car, YOu get a car, YOU ALL GET A CAR…in my best Oprah voice
These Rösle Silicone Tongs are a little pricey but they will last you the rest of your life and are the softest in your hand. This is important for someone like m that cooks so much. It reduces strain, I have 4 sets in my kitchen!
These are my FAVE Nordic Ware Sheet Pans, every kitchen should have at least 2 sets of these! I think I have at least 4 of each of these.
This is my favorite pressure cooker, the Fagor is the same concept as the “Instant Pot” but easier to use in my opinion, if you don’t have one you NEED one, it will be your best friend in the kitchen!
A sharp knife is the most important tool in the kitchen, these Japanese steel “Shun” knives are my favorite! And this is a great starter set to build on. Once you try them you will be in love so use this as a foundation you can build on for years to come.
This Scanpan 11″ skillet is just the right size for almost anything you will need to cook and my best friend and a real workhorse in my kitchen, it’s also a great deal at $99. Scanpan is the best in the world for healthy cooking. It is coated with a proprietary ceramic-titanium coating that is durable while allowing you to use fewer fats and oils when cooking. It is a coating only they use. I could talk all day about my love for these pans, message me if you want more info. Here are some other sizes that are available if you are looking to outfit your kitchen with some new goodies. 8″ & 10″ Skillet set or 8″ Skillet, I still need this one for my kitchen Also, I don’t really know how to cook small so the 12.5″ is my other fave!
This giant vat of olive oil is my favorite, I decant it into a smaller bottle for my counter. Or put this spigot on top of a wine bottle!
My favorite baking dish that is so easy to clean even burnt on cheese slides right off!
This Tovolo jar scraper has to be my single favorite kitchen tool, it is definitely the most used tool in my kitchen. If you are NOT a gadget person, this is the only necessity I say is a MUST beyond the wooden spoon.
A great wood spoon is essential, this Olive Wood one is my favorite, I have more than I can count. But can you really ever have too many?
A food scale can be a very important tool in your kitchen, this one is the one I use every day!
If you love Joanna Gaines as much as I do then the ‘Magnolia Table Cookbook’ is a must in your kitchen, get a copy HERE!