Y’all, I have become just a little obsessed with making my own coffee creamers at home now. This Candy Cane Coffee Creamer is everything that I have always wanted store-bought creamers to be. That is the joy of customizing at home.
Today I am kicking off day 1 of my Christmas Advent Calendar with this fun recipe that will warm up your daily coffee time. Come back every day through December 24th for a new recipe!
Making Homemade Coffee Creamer
Now let’s jump in the kitchen and grab a few of those extra canes off the tree and make this recipe today. I like 6 candy canes to this volume of milk. But go crazy if you like it extra spicy or sweet, throw a few extras in there.
This is also a great recipe to throw in your back pocket. At the end of the season, you can throw any candy canes left on the tree in a pot of milk and extend the fun into morning coffee time. What could possibly be better than Candy Cane Coffee Creamer?
Nothing if you are a Christmas Elf!
I always have a hard time letting go of Christmas. It might be because it put a good deal of work into it. I put up 19 lighted trees, so that probably has something to do with it.
I just love Christmas so much that now I have to have a tree in every room. It keeps me excited and I usually leave it all up till as close to Valentine’s Day as I can. And if you don’t know I love celebrating and decorating for pretty much every major holiday, so send a brother your best storage ideas, lol!
But this coffee creamer may be just the jolt I need to keep the spirit alive while I begin putting my trees away. Give it a go and let me know how you like it and how many candy canes you end up putting in yours!
Candy Cane Coffee Creamer
- 14 oz Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 3/4 C Half and Half
- 6 Peppermint Candy Canes
- In a small saucepot, combine all ingredients and bring to a slight boil over medium-low heat. Keeping an eye on it and whisking often. If you walk away the half and half will boil over on you!
- Softly boil the mixture for about 2 minutes just to be sure the candy canes are fully melted and well incorporated.
- Transfer the mixture to a heatproof container and let cool on the counter to room temp.
- Refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.
Christmas Advent Calendar
A new recipe every day from December 1-24 from me or one of my friends!
We have been working hard to bring you some great recipes that will bring the family together each night leading to Christmas Day. I hope you enjoy them and be sure to let us know if you make them by tagging any of us on Instagram through the month.
Christmas Advent Calendar Recipes
- Day 1 – Kendell’s Candy Cane Coffee Creamer
- Day 2 – Kendell’s Hazelnut Honeycomb
- Day 3 – Lori’s Chocolate Dipped Coconut Macaroons
- Day 4 – Kendell’s Sugar-Free Hot Cocoa Mix
- Day 5 – Sarah’s Cranberry Orange Baked Oatmeal
- Day 6 – Kendell shares Joanna Gaines Peanut Butter Balls
- Day 7 – Kendell’s Chocolate Hazelnut Biscotti with Peppermints
- Day 8 – Kathryn’s Chocolate Espresso Silk Pie
- Day 9 – Ruchi’s Holiday Rose Cocktail
- Day 10 – Kendell shares Olivia’s Famous Peppermint Cookies
- Day 11 – Niki’s Puff Pastry Breakfast Braid
- Day 12 – Lori’s Danish Puff Pastry
- Day 13 – Kendell shares Grandpas Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Day 14 – Sarah’s Nutella Hot Chocolate
- Day 15 – Kendell shares Great Aunt Sally’s Pecan Butter Balls
- Day 16 – Kendell’s Homemade “Oreo” Cookie
- Day 17 – Kathryn’s Christmas Tree Pull-Apart Bread
- Day 18 – Kendell’s Nordic Gingerbread Village
- Day 19 – Niki’s Short Rib Ragu
- Day 20 – Kendell’s Velveeta-Free Pimento Cheese
- Day 21 – Christmas Morning Breakfast Foccacia
- Day 22 – Kristi shares Stacy’s Hot Buttered Rum
- Day 23 – Kendell’s Chorizo, Shrimp, & Chicken Paella
- Day 24 – Kendell’s Artichoke 3 Cheese Dip
MY LATEST RECIPES!
MY FAVORITE KITCHEN TOOLS!
Here are a few links to some of my favorite kitchen tools! You get a car, YOu get a car, YOU ALL GET A CAR…in my best Oprah voice
These Rösle Silicone Tongs are a little pricey but they will last you the rest of your life and are the softest in your hand. This is important for someone like m that cooks so much. It reduces strain, I have 4 sets in my kitchen!
These are my FAVE Nordic Ware Sheet Pans, every kitchen should have at least 2 sets of these! I think I have at least 4 of each of these.
This is my favorite pressure cooker, the Fagor is the same concept as the “Instant Pot” but easier to use in my opinion, if you don’t have one you NEED one, it will be your best friend in the kitchen!
A sharp knife is the most important tool in the kitchen, these Japanese steel “Shun” knives are my favorite! And this is a great starter set to build on. Once you try them you will be in love so use this as a foundation you can build on for years to come.
This Scanpan 11″ skillet is just the right size for almost anything you will need to cook and my best friend and a real workhorse in my kitchen, it’s also a great deal at $99. Scanpan is the best in the world for healthy cooking. It is coated with a proprietary ceramic-titanium coating that is durable while allowing you to use fewer fats and oils when cooking. It is a coating only they use. I could talk all day about my love for these pans, message me if you want more info. Here are some other sizes that are available if you are looking to outfit your kitchen with some new goodies. 8″ & 10″ Skillet set or 8″ Skillet, I still need this one for my kitchen Also, I don’t really know how to cook small so the 12.5″ is my other fave!
This giant vat of olive oil is my favorite, I decant it into a smaller bottle for my counter. Or put this spigot on top of a wine bottle!
My favorite baking dish that is so easy to clean even burnt on cheese slides right off!
This Tovolo jar scraper has to be my single favorite kitchen tool, it is definitely the most used tool in my kitchen. If you are NOT a gadget person, this is the only necessity I say is a MUST beyond the wooden spoon.
A great wood spoon is essential, this Olive Wood one is my favorite, I have more than I can count. But can you really ever have too many?
A food scale can be a very important tool in your kitchen, this one is the one I use every day!
If you love Joanna Gaines as much as I do then the ‘Magnolia Table Cookbook’ is a must in your kitchen, get a copy HERE!